Friday, August 16, 2013

The Reef

Most of you have guessed by now how I felt about The Reef. If it could be compared to an album it would be Spinal Tap's Shark Sandwich. I think we all remember the two word review for that one. I will say that there were a couple of good points. The camera work is pretty good. At times I did feel like i was right there in the water and could feel myself rolling on the swells. The shark shots are totally real except for one brief shot that looks either cgi or like someone holding a cardboard shark in front of a blue background. The main problem with this movie that mentions a shark in it's synopsis is the lack of shark. There is not even a fin for 80-85% of the movie. When the shark does show up it is minding it's own business totally uninterested in these floating people. There were only one or two moments during the film where I felt the characters were in peril. The rest of the time they were just wet and I was wondering if their bits and pieces were shriveling up like prunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment